Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! HSRP

Does anyone know if HSRP will work between 2 4506's that one has a SupV and one has a Sup6 engine?

nshoe18 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am having a problem setting up IRB between two 1721's on a PPP link. The routers see each other fine, but they cannot see the switches that they are respectively connected to (via ping).The switches also do not show up in the router's ARP tables.He...

bregimand by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HelloOn 4500 two VLANS are configured ; but transfer rate is very slow between two vlanscopy a file from one vlan to another vlan is slow its 20Kbps, host on both vlans are connected on 10/100 portsVlan 5interface vlan 5ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255...

Where is the fast cache data stored say on Cat 6509 switch? On PFC?Also when monitoring packet through a router interface, fast cache is disable (no route-cache to turn off fast switching and turn on process switching) what is the main reason behind ...

Hi allCan anyone tell me about redistribution into from one protocol into the other?ie what does the metric 1 mean, i would like to know wheta values to use for say eigrp into ospf etc, example belowrouter rip network 192.168.110.0 redistribute igr...

I have an issue where data being routed through a 6500 sup720 is using its interface mac as the source, rather than the virtual.ARP to the virtual IP respond with the virtual MAC, however.ICMP request originating from network 5 (VLAN5) are routed to...

MMstre by Level 3
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey,This all refers to PVST+.Does the vlan-ID actually get sent in the BPDU?Let's say two switches connect and are configured as access ports, but the vlans differ (so A (accessport 20) connects to B (accessport 30)). How will the BPDU's behave in th...