Views
Helpful
Replies

connecting 4510 to sg350

robertkwild
Spotlight
Spotlight

hi all,

i want to connect a 4510 to a sg350x, this is what i have done so far but no joy

on the 4510

interface GigabitEthernet1/2
switchport access vlan 7
switchport mode access
spanning-tree portfast disable
spanning-tree bpduguard disable

on the sg350x

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/23
spanning-tree disable
no spanning-tree portfast
switchport access vlan 7
macro description switch
!next command is internal.
macro auto smartport dynamic_type switch

on both switch ends the ports say connected but i cant ping the sg350 vlan 7 ip from the 4510

any clues, would be greatly appreciated

thanks,

rob

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Make sure both the side VLAN 7 created.

on SG350 - remove Macro related configuration.

I prefer to use spanning-tree since any accedental loops can prevent with STP

Access config should work. But i suggest Switch to switch always use trunk and allow required VLAN in that Trunk.

but i cant ping the sg350 vlan 7 ip from the 4510  - Not sure what IP configuration done at SG and Cat 4K side you need to provide SVI configuration.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Could you post the output of these commands from both devices

show cdp neighbor

show ip interface brief

show arp

HTH

Rick

robertkwild
Spotlight
Spotlight

success, i really dont know why it didnt work first time, think it was a dodgy lead but as soon as i changed the lead it works

robertkwild
Spotlight
Spotlight

ok so i got the main switch A connected to the other switch B by making both ends of the ports on both switches no bpdugaurd and portfast and both on vlan 7, i also provided the "int ip" to the other switch B as otherwise it wouldnt had worked

now from other switch B, two other switches are connected, ive added the vlan, do i need to provide the "int ip" aswell to the two other switches connected to B for it to work as tbh i dont really want to provide an "int ip" as i dont want inter vlanning to happen

Rob

In the recent post you ask "do i need to provide the "int ip" aswell to the two other switches connected to B for it to work". Perhaps we need to be a bit more specific about what are the criteria for it to work? In the original post you said "on both switch ends the ports say connected but i cant ping the sg350 vlan 7 ip from the 4510". So is pinging to the remote switch the criteria for works? If so then yes you need to configure IP addresses on vlan interfaces of those switches. 

But perhaps there are other criteria for works? In an earlier post I asked for output of show cdp neighbor. If you do that and the two other switches show up as neighbors would that mean that it is working? Or is the criteria ping?

HTH

Rick

robertkwild
Spotlight
Spotlight

sorry i was stupid, only need a "int vlan ip address" if want to do intervlanning which i dont so i got rid of it on switch B and didnt add it to switch C and D, so i added the correct vlan to all the switches and now if i make a vm connected to switch D on that vlan i can ping switch A so all good

Thanks for the update. Glad that all is good. 

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card