cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CPU Issue adding AAA Interface Config

jonhill
Level 1
Level 1

We're in the process of moving to ISE and our supplier has asked us to add AAA commands to all of our Access switch interfaces to allow for profiling of the network to commence.

The issue I'm having is that so far out of 22 stacks I've added the commands to, so far 9 have exhibited high CPU between 80 - 100% while the commands are enabled on the interfaces and when I've removed the commands from these switch interfaces the CPU drops back to between 40 - 60% utilization. In some instances the CPU has gone straight up to 80%+ and in others its takes a few days.

Most of the stacks affected are between 2 and 4 switches in a stack, there's one with 6 in a stack. All the unaffected stacks have between 1 and 4 switches in a stack.

All our 2960X's are running either 15.2(2)E6 or 15.2(2)E7.

I've attached docs with show process CPU and Mem with the config enabled and with it removed.

The config we've been asked to add is below

switchport mode access
ip access-group PERMIT-ALL in
authentication open
authentication control-direction in
authentication event fail action next-method
authentication event server dead action authorize voice
authentication event server alive action reinitialize
authentication host-mode multi-domain
authentication order mab dot1x
authentication priority dot1x mab
authentication port-control auto
authentication periodic
authentication timer reauthenticate server
authentication timer inactivity server dynamic
authentication violation replace
snmp trap mac-notification change added
snmp trap mac-notification change removed
mab
dot1x pae authenticator
dot1x timeout tx-period 10
cdp enable
lldp transmit
lldp receive
authentication mac-move permit

Any help with this issue would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Jon

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Well they just haven't fixed it yet in any release through dev , if it was me i would raise a TAC case and escalate it and i would also move one of the switches onto this as a test see if it has same symptoms c2960x-universalk9-mz.152-4.E7.bin , its the latest MD release and recommended currently , may work better than

This is a bug too by the way
2460 25.29% 23.87% 23.57% 0 Hulc LED Process

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

you may be hitting something similar to this bug looking at cpu output  , have you ran the show tech through the cli analyzer  when the cpu is hot , ?it may give exact bug id

https://quickview.cloudapps.cisco.com/quickview/bug/CSCvd90672

if you dont have the analyzer setup post the show tech i can run it for you , otherwise i would upgrade the image or open a TAC case get the exact ID and then upgrade

Thanks for the information

When I did a sh tech and ran it through the CLI analyzer the output didn't give any specific bug information just a danger IOS CPU usage is very high.

I've had a look at the bug and if it is what's causing the issue how do I go about resolving it as it says that Cisco aren't planing on fixing the issue?

Thanks

Well they just haven't fixed it yet in any release through dev , if it was me i would raise a TAC case and escalate it and i would also move one of the switches onto this as a test see if it has same symptoms c2960x-universalk9-mz.152-4.E7.bin , its the latest MD release and recommended currently , may work better than

This is a bug too by the way
2460 25.29% 23.87% 23.57% 0 Hulc LED Process

Thanks for the info, I'll raise a TAC call. I was aware of the HULC issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card