Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

We have a catalyst 2960 IOS Version 12.2(25)FX and we want to know how can we displayed all events on a telnet session just like it does when you connect using a console cable?We tried issuing a "show log" command but it didn't show all the informati...

reybperez by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All, My C-2960 PoE-24 switch is not working. when i power on the switch , all the LED's ( SYST,RPS,STAT,DUPLX,SPEED,PoE) are in amber color. When i connect devices to the  fast ethernet port the port led is also in amber color. When i connect this...

Well...the title speaks for itself...In fact i have a school project (Triple Play with FTTH) and i wanted to check if my vlans are corrects. So i tried port mirroring with the cisco catayst 3750 we had, and i ended up having ALL the trafic from my tr...

N4DAR by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm working on a design at the moment and wanted to clear things up.   I'm looking at using Cisco 9300's in a stack, i have approximately 80 desktops and 30 server connections required.   Is it worth it to have a separate stack for servers and separa...

siscon00b by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,   I'm trying to simulate an ISP dual-stack PPPoE server to be able to connect multiple home routers as PPPoE clients. So far, the IPv4 seems to work, but the IPv6 is not.   My lab setup: I'm using a Cisco 2600 router as the ISP dual-stack PPPoE s...

MOMO by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I configured an ether-channel between S1 and S3. All the switches are in the same vlan, and PVST+ is enabled on all of switches. Now, I don't understand why does S2 have one link up connected to each switch ? does it not create a loop by this ...

Screenshot from 2018-04-22 22-41-14.png
a.m by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I'm trying to configure RSPAN on a switch but keep the original VLAN tag of the packets. I understand that it's generally not possible (as described in https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2960/software/release/12-2_40_se/co...

orp by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Good Day,   i want to bind mac address with DHCP IP but client is getting different IP address on each joining.    i tried below    ip dhcp pool Static host 192.168.1.4 255.255.255.0 hardware-address abcd.xxxx.xxxx client-name user-Macbook

Hi all, I am in the process of isolating a Vlan from the rest of the network.  I only want this Vlans end devices to be able to go to the internet and nothing else.  I have looked at the GUI for private Vlan creation but I was also wondering if it wo...

Jah8887 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes