Views
Helpful
Replies

Create stack with 2960S already configured

jguandalini
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

I have an 2960S all configured, with vlans, ports configurations and others.

Now, I bought other 2960S and two stack modules to create a stack with these 2 switches.

We call:

Switch1 (I have configured and in production)

Switch2 (New switch, no configured)

My doubt is:

Can I connect these two switches in stack without lost the configuration of my Switch1 and no turn-off this switch? Does not stop the users access?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gregory Snipes
Level 4
Level 4

Yes no problem. You should simply install the stacking modules in the switches and connect them together prior to powering on the new switch. This will ensure that it the new switch joins the existing stack (of one) without disrupting it. Here is a document all about the 2960s stacking technology for your reading if you want.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Gregory Snipes
Level 4
Level 4

Yes no problem. You should simply install the stacking modules in the switches and connect them together prior to powering on the new switch. This will ensure that it the new switch joins the existing stack (of one) without disrupting it. Here is a document all about the 2960s stacking technology for your reading if you want.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco