Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

HiAlmost in every I read document,mentioned that uplink fast sholud not be activated On transit node and must be activated only on access switch.But I could not find out the reason.Thanks for any guidanceSent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

N.ima0102 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Good day experts.We have been having a discussion at work regarding IP addressing best practicesfor Inter VLAN routing & default gateways IP addresses.My question is:Is it best practice to use the 1st IP address in the block as the Inter VLAN IP a...

Hi guys,     I want to use the following for the dns-server option on the 2821.Currently, I am trying to configure it as such:dns-server 4.2.2.2 PPP GIG0/1There is the GIG0/1 ISP IP, a L2TP link thru the Virtual-ppp1 interface.Ideas?Thx.

guys confuse abt one thing in DHCPwe have a swicth and a routervlan 100 10.1.1.2/24 in swicth and 10.1.1.1/24 is router ethernet ip which swicth is conected to.ip dhcp pool exclude 1-2ip dhcp pool user   network 10.1.1.0 255.255.255.0   default-route...

Our customer has a stack of 6 3750G switches.  They want to add another switch to the stack.  I tried to quote another G, but I got a warning that the G series is EOS January 30,2013.  Can I add a 3750X to the stack?  I know that no matter what switc...

Hello,I'm looking to upgrade my dual 6509 VSS enviornment from s72033-ipservicesk9_wan-mz.122-33.SXI1 --> s72033-ipservicesk9_wan-mz.122-33.SXI4.They are dual WS-C6509-E with MOD's: VS-S720-10G (VS-F6K-PFC3C)I followed Cisco's Document seen here: htt...

latintrpt by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey guys,I've been racking my head about this a few days now, thought I'd see if anybody could tell me what is wrong.  I have a c1721 with a 4 Port WIC.  I can't seem to get anything out to the internet.  I can hit the router itself, but it just wont...

CIBT Inc by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to interconnect a pair of Nexus 5548 at adjacent sites, using 2 2960-S switches at each site, the reason being that the Multimode Fiber between the sites will only support 100mb and I need this up while I finish having SMF laid.I have att...

jburk by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I recently purchased a 3560-X and i am just in the process of setting it up, my question is there a recommended way i should connect it to my ASA. Just playing around i was able to setup a routed port on the 3560 and connect it to the ASA and e...

Hi allI am having a little issues digesting the topic: ip multicast helperhere is the cisco Doc:http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/ipmulti/configuration/guide/imc_inter_mc_helper.pdfif i want to have bidirectional connection between 2 networ...

smehrnia by Level 7
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

One of my sites with a 2811router and IOS 12.3(8)T10 is configured for DHCP service leasing addresses for 30 days.  When my Wyse thin client boots it requests a IP address for PXE and then for the OS.  The PXE address should only lease for 5 minutes ...