cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Editing ALCs deleted them

SaschaH
Level 1
Level 1

When I try to edit the ACLs on my SG250X-24P, the ACL is deleted.

I also can't (most of the time) add a new ACL in the list between priorities, it says "Entry already exists".

I am new to ACLs, I am testing this for the first time.

Firmware: 2.5.9.54

4 Replies 4

Hello,

You can try to reference this document to help you.

Cisco 250 Series Managed Switches Administration Guide

There is a section on Access Control and below that is for IPv4. In there it says to add a "priority" and shoes higher priority is processed first. When creating your ACL is is good practice to leave about 10 numbers between ACEs so you can insert other ACEs as needed. For example you numbering could go like this:

etc

As for the "Entry Already Exists" if that's the case and an entry for what you're trying to add does exist then it wont add the same entry twice.

Hope that helps

-David

I add video files for each of my problems.

The file“add not possible.mp4” shows that I cannot add the rule, although no similar rule exists.

The file “edit causes delete.mp4” shows that editing a rule causes the edited rule to be deleted.

Martin L
VIP
VIP

Probably software "bug".  Check device download page for any software update; Update Firefox, Try Chrome - just in case;  do u have permission to edit, write ?  

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Also tested with Edge (Chrome-based), same error.

Firefox is up to date.

Firmware 2.5.9.54 is the latest version (Dec. 2023).

I have two of these switches in my house and there is only one admin account with full access(Read/Write Management Access (15)).

The problem is not consistent, in some cases it works as desired, but it is very frustrating when you want to edit a rule and then it disappears and you can't add the rule back afterwards (or it takes several attempts to add it back).

I am a private individual, how can I open a case for this?

Is there also a German contact point where I can report this?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card