Views
Helpful
Replies

End-User Device is not able to connect cisco switch access port

PavelCZ
Level 1
Level 1

Hello 

I do have Cisco switch SG200-26 and I have problem to set up the port to connect my solar inventer.

On my router I set up VLAN 100 with DHCP Server and on my cisco switch I set up port to Access Mode, VLAN 100UP Untagged

If I use this port to connect my laptop or computer the connection works without any problem. IP address is set by DHCP Server.

Unfortunatelly I not able to set up the connection for my solar inverter. The inverter has auto DHCP setting.

The inverter doesn't work only with the cisco switch. If I connect it directly to router the connection is set immediately.

I also try to put another router between cisco switch and inverter  with auto dhcp. This also worked.

Any idea how to set correctly the cisco switch?

Thank you

Pavel

7 Replies 7

Hello,

--> I set up port to Access Mode, VLAN 100UP Untagged

Untagged meaning Vlan 100 is the native Vlan ? Post the running configs of both the router and the switch, and indicate which port of the switch the inverter is connected to.

Hello

I attached my Switch config and my Mikrotik router config. I try to set up port 16 with VLAN 210.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Pavel

Jitendra Kumar
Spotlight
Spotlight

you should have an option called IoT server go to a remote server and give there server IP and user&password hit on connect one its connect you can see IoT device connect on the server.

for your reference check below tutorial 

://youtu.be/h_c66xoam9c

Thanks,
Jitendra

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
The inverter doesn't work only with the cisco switch

First question, is the port come up on the switch side? i believe this may be due to speed negotiation, some of the old devices still want to use 10MB kind of speed.  

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Unfortunately it didn't work. Thank you for the tip. Pavel

Hello,

which port on the Cisco switch is connected to the Mikrotik, this one ?

interface gi25
description "Mikrotik"

This port is not a trunk, make sure it is...

No gi26 with Trunk one. Sorry for confusion in names.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card