cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

% Error: License installation failed with error: Unknown error 0

henry.torre1
Level 1
Level 1

I am encountering this problem when I install the license.

Any solution to this problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi, I am having the same problem with a 2911. Did you solve your problem? If yes, how did you install the license?

View solution in original post

21 Replies 21

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Could you at least tell us what kind of device you are trying to install the licence onto?  What is the command you are using that is producing the error?

I activated a PAK for a 2911 router to enable the securityk9 using cisco's license portal. I received a license via email.  Initially when I installed the license using the command "license install FGLxxxx", I received an error that says "the license does not match any device".  When I double checked the PID and SN entered, I noticed that 2 of the digits in the SN where interchanged, so it did not matched the hardware.  Cisco licensing instructed  to re-host the license and I did.  I received another license, but when I tried to install it, I received this error "% Error: License installation failed with error: Unknown error 0"

I tried searching the net for this error but most of the errors is about "XML Parsing failed".  Nobody seems to have encountered an "Unknown error 0"

What version of software are you running on your 2911?

Cisco IOS Software, C2900 Software (C2900-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.4(3)M3, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

I owould be tempted to try going to 15.4(3)M4, the latest in that maintenance train and a gold star release.

If you run "show inventory" are you 100% certain the PID and serial number match?

cisco2911#show inv
NAME: "CISCO2911/K9", DESCR: "CISCO2911/K9 chassis, Hw Serial#: FHK1421xxxx, Hw Revision: 1.0"
PID: CISCO2911/K9 , VID: V01 , SN: FHK1421xxxx

So you put the licence file on a USB key, plugged it into the router, or copied it to the router somehow, and ran:

license install flashx:xxx.lic

Yes, the PID and SN matched. When I run "show inventory":

cisco2911#sho inv
NAME: "CISCO2911/K9", DESCR: "CISCO2911/K9 chassis, Hw Serial#: FGL1948xxxx, Hw Revision: 1.0"
PID: CISCO2911/K9 , VID: V07 , SN: FGL1948xxxx

I copied the license to flash0 of the router and executed the "license install"

cisco2911#license install flash0:FGL1948xxxxxxxxxxx.lic

Installing licenses from "FGL1948xxxxxxxxxxx.lic" 

Try the upgrade to 15.4(3)M4 please.

Ok I'll try. I'll let you know what happened.  Thanks in advance for the assistance.

I just upgraded to 15.4(3)M4.

cisco2911#sh ver
Cisco IOS Software, C2900 Software (C2900-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.4(3)M4, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

I still get the same error message when installing the securityk9 license:

Something must be wrong with the licence file.  Try asking licencing to regenerate it for you.

I already did.  I already have a case number.  I gave them all the info (PAK number, PID and SN) and asked them to regenerate a new license. They send me one but I still get the same error message.  I haven't heard from them yet when I told them I still get the same results with the new license.

Here is an idea.  Try accepting the EULA, so the security licence is enabled in demo mode.  Then once that is working, try installing the licence.  After trying this can you post the output for the show licence command relating to the security licence please.

Once installed the licence should look like this.

show licence
Index 2 Feature: securityk9
Period left: Life time
License Type: Permanent
License State: Active, In Use
License Count: Non-Counted
License Priority: Medium

The command that I know to accept EULA is with the command:

#license accept end user agreement

But with this router the only options are:

cisco2911#license ?
call-home           License call-home information