cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fail to receive ping back from router interface even though RIPv2 done

jahedhussein
Level 1
Level 1

I am attempting to ping a router interface from a PC in a different sub-net, however I am not receiving any pings back. The router connecting the two device has successful connection to both. Everything is assigned a correct IP address so I do not know where I am going wrong. 

Screenshot_2.pngI am trying to ping the router from the PC as shown in the image. 

This screenshot below shows the IP addresses I have assigned the devices:

Screenshot_3.png

Successful connection between LondonA and LondonB:

Screenshot_5.png

Lastly, this screenshot shows a failure to receive a ping back from the router interface Se0/0/0:

Screenshot_4.png

8 Replies 8

Hi

Is it  PacketTracer?    If so, attach the .pkt file here. You may need to zip it first.

Yes it is, I have attached the zipped file. 

In router B, i cannot see route towards PC's network 15.0.0.0/8. you must add static route or dynamic route between router A and B to advertise 15.0.0.0/8 route. in this case router B dont know how to send reply packet to where.

you can add below command in router B to configure static route.

#ip route 15.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 20.0.0.1

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

It works but I wanted to use the RIPV2 protocol to achieve my goal. In the IP route table it doesn't show it as R, rather L and C. As can be seen below: Screenshot_6.png

So you need to configure RIP in router A and B to share networks.

remove the static route added now and configure RIP in both routers. check below for configuration guide

https://www.computernetworkingnotes.com/ccna-study-guide/rip-protocol-configuration-guide-with-examples.html

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

Hi Kasun,

I highly appreciate your help. I am away from my PC right now, but will let you know how I get on when I'm back at it!

I have configured RIP in both routers but it still doesn't show the route as R. 

Hello,

what are the router passwords ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: