Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a stack of 2 x SG550X-48-K9 that use xe1 & xe2 to connect to each other. The switches have 4 x SFP+ ports labelled xe1-4 I am now trying to use xe3 for a 1Gb SFP Fibre connection (normal port - not stack related) and although the SFP is recogn...

hytec by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

On most catalyst switches when I run the dir flash: command, there is a file there called version.  When I run the command more flash:version I can see it has some personalized configuration content such as the hostname of the device, as well as show...

Waterbird by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,Switching, Other SwitchingJust a quick question -  have just bought the above L3 switch, just as a dummy plug and play lab for my house while i study, and I am confused about something. And i accept that this is a very noob question and expect...

Navy_Dave by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

So we're finally replacing an old Cisco 2801 router with a fancy new ISR 4431. However we've been caught out, the old 2801 had access vlans assigned to physical interfaces and it seems this is a no-no on a 4431. Is our only solution to put in a swit...

Mark H by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Every Cisco Expert, I am trying to perform NXOS upgrade for my Nexus 3132Q-X devices from image n3000-uk9.6.0.2.U5.2.bin to n3100-compact.9.3.7.bin. However, I had encounter a weird issue that shown as screenshot below. switch# show incompatibilit...

SamW8 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm new at CISCO I'm starting my journey now, studying for CCNA.In my work I have a network with a  switch 2960 that yesterday started to behave in a weird way.Internally we lost a lots of packages, in some ports, and in other ones there where no pro...

gaston05 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am currently looking to deploy 8 new SG350X switches in stack mode (4 switches in each stack). These switches will be replacing 8 older HP\Aruba switches. Spanning tree is running on these switches and there are no ports with loop\root guard, TCN g...

RussGM by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello All and thanks in advance for a bit of advice. I have a hospitality site where we have a number of Cisco 9200L switches connected to In Room Ruckus H320 hospitality Access points which have LAN ports to connect a Phone and TV (IPTV).  We provid...

I have a 3750X running:Cisco IOS Software, C3750E Software (C3750E-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.2(2)E, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3)Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupportCopyright (c) 1986-2014 by Cisco Systems, Inc.Compiled Thu 26-Jun-14 11:52 b...

DJX995 by Level 3
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes