cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Frequently receive this message from my Network management software. Please help me.

Khundmir4cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Interface 'GigabitEthernet1/0/5-**ak2 2F C2960 5.6**' util threshold violated.Current IN traffic is 3 Mbps(50.01%) and OUT traffic is 141.495 kbps(1.41%), whereas configured threshold is 30% .

This is my first ever post in Cisco Support. I am relatively new to Cisco technology. Kindly help me with this... This is the only switch which generates frequent trouble and critical alerts. What do I need to do to resolve this. I would be grateful. 

8 Replies 8

Roberto Kippins
Level 1
Level 1

Hi what NMS are you using?? Trr resetting the interfaces to defaults using the default interface global config command.

Thank you for your answer.

I am using Op Manager. "Try resetting to default " what exactly does it mean.. Will it affect the configurations? 

it will affect any configurations you would have had on the interface so once it is reset to defaults you will need to reconfigure the interface to your needs.

I appreciate your help... I understand that. I will try doing that. One last thing I want to ask you is...... 

Can you explain me what do you mean by "configured threshold" is it something that we can change manually and if so, why can't we increase the threshold limit. 

I hope you understand my question. 

I think this alert is due to interface traffic threshold you set at the monitoring tool.

Logon the monitoring tool and find out what's the threshold limit set there. Increase the threshold limit to 75%.

CF

Thanks... By the way, I should set the threshold in the NMS tool or is there any command to do that?? 

yes , in the NMS tool.

Thanks 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card