cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HELP: DHCP server not working when I change the starting ip addresses.

laboon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I want to change all the starting IP adresses on my DHCP so I can use those original starting IP addresses for my VLAN'S on CORESWITCH2.

But if I change them, DHCP stops working on half of my PC's. I also want to implement a redundant DHCP server that is connected to CORESWITCH2. But I don't know if that is the best thing to do, what do you think?

Thank you in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

You can change the start IP address with no problem but keep in mind that you are using 255.255.255.240 so that you need to be careful about the IP you are using. Use an online subnet mask calculator to help you.

About DHCP redundancy, dont make too much sense to have 2 servers as you are going to point only one on the PC.

DHCP redundancy is achieve with more complex setup like Load balancer, for example.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi

You can change the start IP address with no problem but keep in mind that you are using 255.255.255.240 so that you need to be careful about the IP you are using. Use an online subnet mask calculator to help you.

About DHCP redundancy, dont make too much sense to have 2 servers as you are going to point only one on the PC.

DHCP redundancy is achieve with more complex setup like Load balancer, for example.

Hello again

Am sorry that I bother you with these posts, I tried it again and it all worked fine (probably did something wrong before)

Anyways thank you for helping me with this, am a student and its my first year doing networking so its kinda hard setting up a network when you don't know where to start lol

Greetings!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card