cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

High input/output error on interface

dapgar
Level 1
Level 1

I have several Catalyst 3850's that are experiencing the above output and DNAC is tell me this is happening but I can't find a solution for this issue.  I have upgraded all my 3850 to software version 16.12.3a and I still can't get this issue resolved.  There is nothing that I can find on Cisco's website to assist in resolving this issue.  Can someone please assist me?

Thanks

David

9 Replies 9

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi David,

Is this happening on all interface or just one or two? Can you post the output of "sh interface x/x/x"?

HTH

On one interface on several switches.
File is attached.

Thanks

Here is another one.

May be this is due to speed issue.

i have observed one of them 10MB on 1GB interface, Another one 100MB on 1GB interface, try to set speed on the interface rather auto. and reset the counter for 1 or 2 device and see if that fix the issue.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Agreed with BB. This maybe due to speed and duplex mismatch. Hard setting the switch and the device the port is connected to might resolve the issue.

HTH

I will try that and wait and see if it makes a difference.

If it doesn't what would you like me to try next?

I will post more later today or tomorrow if it continues.

Thanks

Most probably fix the situation, if not post back with Logs and config as you posted today so we can  review again.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@dapgar wrote:

DNAC is tell me this is happening but I can't find a solution for this issue.

One of THE selling point for DNAC is that DNAC is meant to be able to assist in the diagnosis of issue as simple as interface line errors.  

Look at "trans_MDF_3850":  Link is half duplex.  The line errors are coming up as collisions.  That is to be expected with half duplex. 

The first interface sample:  "0" input?   The issue is downstream to the switch.  There is something not right with the client.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card