Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I made a network and implemented VLANs and everything is working except that i cannot ping past the gateway of the router on a stick from the VLANs. Everything in the VLAN network can communicate fine and also receives DHCP from outside the VLAN netw...

I have a C3120X and there is a route that will not remove from the device.  MIC0001-BL#sh ip routeDefault gateway is 10.15.1.7Host Gateway Last Use Total Uses Interface10.8.1.1 10.15.1.8 1:32 8 Vlan10050.116.52.97 10.15.1.8 0:02 28 Vlan10010.8.8.19 1...

Does anyone have a explanation for this problem. Since these model switches were introduced to our network, logs report a never-ending Up-Down on random interfaces. I included a screen shot of the log under body message. I found this reference in cis...

Current I have the following network design (cisco 6500 – site 1)--------trunk------------(cisco 6500 – site 2) The 6500’s are configured to share certain vlans between both sites. On vlan 777 I also do OSPF for IGP between locations.  Current 6500 t...

Hello,I have a pair of Cat 9500 and Network essential license.  As I know there will be VRRP available to use with that licnese. I'd like to ask when both switches connect as a Stack switch, do I have to worry about the HA since they are acting as a ...

abee by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all,   I have a strange issue with some Cisco IP Phones. Recently we installed a couple of Nexus 3548 in our network, they are configured with vPC and HSRP, there are 2 catalyst 9300's for distribution connected via port-channel to the Nexuses....

I have an older 3750 that is need of an IOS update so I can do SNMP v3 on it before we get funding for a replacement.  It is currently on 12.2(25)SEB1 and I'm trying to FTP over the MD 12.2.55-SE12.  The downside is that this switch is in dire need a...

Hello,When I was configuring a set of Cisco C3750 network switches (firmware version: 12.2(25)SEB4), I apparently incorrectly entered my Virtual Terminal Password. It is not causing a problem, other than I do not get prompted for a password when I te...

kmphilbin by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I wondered how is possible to have a port "unassigned".For example, suppose fa0/1 belongs to VLAN 10.If I delete VLAN 10, is fa0/1 unassigned?Or, as in running-config there is, under fa0/1, switchport access vlan 10, I have to command no switchport a...

i have setup a new cisco 2960-x switch but having some trouble setting up ssh access.  when i try and connect using putty it asks for username and password but keeps saying access denied every time. i must not be linking my username to the ssh login ...

I have a portchannel that is not coming up. I shows unassigned. Here is the relevant port configuration and output of the status Core-1#sh run int g9/21!interface GigabitEthernet9/21description CHANNEL to Stack-1 G1/1/1switchportswitchport trunk enca...

Hi, I am using PT 7.2.1 and am trying to emulate our 4500 core using 2 3650's. I understand I cannot use VRRP and the likes but was hoping I could use HSRP ?. I have the 2 3650's trunked together using 2 interfaces and a port channel however HSRP doe...

pwiscott by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey Tech Wizards,  I am preparing to move over to a new phone system and one of the recommendations was to have our core switch be the default gateway for our networking traffic and for them to be on their own VLAN. Our NSA 2650 is our current DHCP s...

Sheep by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes