cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I tell both stack cables are connected?

Andy White
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I have 2 remote 3570G switches that are stacked with 2 stack cables which I think gives me 32gb backbone.  Anyway how can I tell if both cables are connected as an engineer says he only saw one cable between the 2 onsite, but he can't be sure?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

shillings
Level 4
Level 4

Enter  show switch stack-ring speed  and if the 'Stack Ring Configuration' says 'full' then the fully redundant cabling system is completed and forms the two counter-rotating 16Gbps rings. If it says 'half' then the engineer is correct and only one of the two stack cables is terminated between your pair of switches.

You can also enter  show switch stack-ports summary  and  show switch stack-ring activity detail  for more detailed information.

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Use the various  "show switch" commands and you will be able to see if the cables are plugged in and what the ring speed is .

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

sh switch stack-ring speed

sh switch stack-ports summary

sh switch stack-ports

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card