Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Device in CDP Neighbourship but Not Pingable and Telnet/SSH

Dear All,

Last week I configured few AP all successfully implemeted and I had remote access all APs. Now, among them one AP is not pingable/accessible through Telnet/SSH, but this AP is in CDP Neighbour.

All APs are connected to PoE Switch.

I have checked for Power Inline as well, it was earlier showing 'Device' as Ieee PD but after change Interface Power Inline config to 'power inline auto' its now showing the device model (which is required).

Fa2/0/19 - Port on which AP is connected.

Please share me the solution for why this AP is not accessible to me with actual cause.

Thanks for Support...

Outputs:

Access-Switch#sh power  inline

Module   Available     Used     Remaining

(Watts)     (Watts)    (Watts)

------   ---------   --------   ---------

1           370.0        0.0       370.0

2           370.0      100.8       269.2

Interface Admin  Oper       Power   Device              Class Max

(Watts)

--------- ------ ---------- ------- ------------------- ----- ----

Fa2/0/15  auto   on         12.2    AIR-AP1131AG-E-K9   3     15.4

Fa2/0/16  auto   on         12.2    AIR-AP1131AG-E-K9   3     15.4

Fa2/0/17  auto   on         12.2    AIR-AP1131AG-E-K9   3     15.4

Fa2/0/18  auto   on         12.2    AIR-AP1131AG-E-K9   3     15.4

Fa2/0/19  auto   on         15.4    AIR-AP1131AG-E-K9   3     15.4

Fa2/0/20  auto   on         12.2    AIR-AP1131AG-E-K9   3     15.4

Fa2/0/21  auto   on         12.2    AIR-AP1131AG-E-K9   3     15.4

Fa2/0/22  auto   on         12.2    AIR-AP1131AG-E-K9   3     15.4

Regards,

Yaseen

6 Replies 6

Jan Hrnko
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Mohammed,

if the device is in CDP then I would suggest you to check basic IP connectivity (L2 working, L3 not). Try to determine if the AP has the correct IP address from extended CDP output.

show cdp neighbor detail

Try this command, check for the desired neighbour and let us know.

Best regards,

Jan

Hi Jan,

Have checked for CDP Neighbour Detail and is totally fine.

As already mentioned, I configured this AP and had access to it, that time I checked for all parts (VLANs, SSIDs, Default Gateway, Subnet mask etc.)

I am getting the IP in ARP output, and AP mac address to Port Fa2/0/19 in MAC Address output.

Feel free to ask for any other outputs or requirements.

Regards,

Yaseen

Did you test it before and it worked (you could telnet and ping it)?  If so, what changed?  If nothing changed, I would power cycle it....if your not onsite, dis/enable inline power on the uplink.

Jimmy,

I tested it before and was fine (had ping and telnet to that). Also, have not changed anything and checked by power cycling as well (dis/enable inline power on the uplink). With power inline commands I just get changes in CDP Neighourship but no access to AP.

Also, from the above output, uplink port Fa2/0/19 has Max Power utilization, so is there any problem with this, shall I need to change it.

Fa2/0/19  auto   on         15.4    AIR-AP1131AG-E-K9   3     15.4

Regards,Yaseen

Hi Jimmy Mohammed. (sorry Jimmy, thanks for correction )

My questions may seem silly. As I understand you ping AP from the switch where AP connected. But is there ip address on the switch interface whrere AP connected? Or is there ip address on the vlan1 ( if it is L2 switch)? Is this ip address located in the same subnet with AP's ip address?
And one more question. is there any ACLs on the switch?

Try to connect another AP with all the same configurations to this switchport and see what will happen.

Andriy, your question is for Mohammad (IOW Mohammad != Jimmy

I would verify two things, when I can ping things, locally but not remotely usually the gw is wrong on the suspect device.   Can you ping AP from the sw its attached to, probably on diff subnets though....are they?

Then I would verify any acls on the port, other than that I am out of ideas.

Might be time to post some interface configs on the port connected to AP and on the AP itself.  We would need more inforamation about the setups.

Message was edited by: Jimmy Sands

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: