Replies

how to know if Througput is good?..

IngGerardo013
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

Suposing the next topology:

SRV01---SW----PC02

PC01 upload/download files from/to SRV01 switch is 10/100/1000 network card is connecting to 1000MB, distance is less than 100m and all common trafic is enabled (stp,cdp, arp etc..) in theory my PC02 should transfer at 1000MB, but why my trougput is very reduced to almost nothing?..

datarates of 5,6 1o MB etc..

Switch is supposed to be full duplex on each port.

how can I calculate the troughput that windows tell me?.. and to know if is healty or not healty(trohugput that should be)?

4 Replies 4

mhnedirli
Level 1
Level 1

in theory my PC02 should transfer at 1000MB, but why my trougput is very reduced to almost nothing?..

datarates of 5,6 1o MB etc..

1Gbps is not mean that you can transfer 1000MB per second, 1Gbps is bandwidth of gigabitethernet. bandwidth is the maximum amount of data that can be transferred within a unit time.

data rate is the amount of data being transferred through a connection within a second.

I agree,

In fact there is a lot of things that reduce the trougput, but how can I know when troughput is the adecuate, or when is not ok?...

Use iperf/jperf to test the throughput from your computer to the other device you are transfering the files from.  There can be multiple factors for this but start from there.

Jpref works well, however I do not know if the results are ok, I mean if the troghput/bandwidth/session is ok

if not is slowly than the normal, what can be considered normal (ok)? is/are there formulas standards or

parameters that tell me that is healty my link (client - server ) speaking about datatransfers?...

All this discution is beacause I want to know if a data transfer is between client - server is or not

slowly, my client(person) tell me if it is normal or not the time that waste the client (machinne) on save

a specific file on the server.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card