Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Traffic Flow question from PC  to Outisde WorldHi Everyone,Need to know traffic flow in network environment where we have ironport device,ASA  and Waas.Ironport is used to block certain websites.If user PC  access a website how will traffic flow from...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

i need to know about situation that i need connection between SFP+ with X2.i have 4849 E-F and it just support SFP+ and in otherside i have 6509E and i can no find any Line Card with SFP+ Support and i should use 10G connection between them .Please s...

hi , i would like to ask about somehthing in bgp ,assume i want to adverstise a specified network , as we know , it must be exit in the routing table before we can add it into the bgp table ,but i want to ask about , if we used a routemap to filter s...

Dr.X by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,If I put ip pim-sparse-mode on an interface, and then issue a show ip mroute command and don't see the interface there, is that sufficient evidence to suggest that the interface isn't seeing the multicast?Thank you in advance,AR

Good day all,The setup: Using this setup I can pass VLAN 1 and 5 traffic.  VLAN 1 can ping each of the switches with the command "pin 10.1.30.44 -t -l 1500" or similar.  If I try the ping on the VLAN 5 side of things the max size I can get through is...

Hi - I have a blade server environment and I am trying to decide on which I/O modules to use....I have the choice of a full blown switch or a traffic aggregator (FEX-type) module. The blade I/O will be uplinked to a pair of 6509s with the ACE module....

visitor68 by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi GuysAnother day, another weird happening. Here it goes:Background:In our network, we have separated different traffics through the use of VRFs. So we have multiple VRFs which have expanded throughout the network. The connecting point between the V...

Resolved! Missing next hops

Hi,I posted this question before - hoping to have better luck this time. Can someone explain to me why I'm missing next hops on some of these routes?Thank youO E2     10.3.8.159/32 [110/20] via 172.20.64.3, 1d16h, GigabitEthernet0/0/0O E2     10.3.8....

#sh run | inc user!username USER0 secret 5 $1$passwordusername USER1 privilege 15 secret 5 $1$passwordusername USER2 privilege 15 secret 5 $1$password!#sh run | inc aaa!aaa new-modelaaa authentication login local_authen localaaa authentication login ...

Hey guys,Quick question. I know it's not best practice but I have a network that currently all on VLAN 1 and can't be migrated to a new VLAN easily. Can I connect an access port in VLAN 1 to and access port on VLAN 20 on another switch? It's all the ...