Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to reset?

What is the command to reset specific interface?(for eg; have to reset interface gi7)

13 Replies 13

Use defualt command 

MHM

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- It depends a bit on the meaning of reset (intention) ; the mentioned default command resets to default settings for the interface ; if we talk about network connectivity problems or speed mismatch (e.g.) sometimes it helps to shutdown the interface and enable it again  

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Depends on the device, i take this as Switch - 

config t

default interface gig 1/0/7 (example replace the interface name you like to setup to default) 

end

Note : if the interface part of any Port-channel - disconnect the physical cable and do the default interface or any device connected remove and default the interface-  once you default the interface it go default to VLAN1 (so make sure no device connected to port before you default) 

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

anb07configterminal_0-1705649465173.png

not accepting the command.

can I see 
# default ? <<- check what the option you have via "?"
MHM

not accepting the command.

Depends on the device, i take this as Switch -

what device model - show version help here (if further assitance required)

You post 2 different device and you need to provide the model - help here

most of the device default should work as expected.

BB

It's CISCO switch - SG350.

It's CISCO switch - SG350.

If the switch is small business - that command not available on those models, the command only available enterprise grade switches.

may be you can try macro commands (not tried myself - since i dont have that switch to test)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/switches/cisco-350-series-managed-switches/smb5842-configure-auto-smartport-properties-switch-through-cli.html

BB

anb07configterminal_0-1705650035847.png

is this possible to reset all the configuration only in [int gig12] in single command? in the above image, if yes then how??

friend 
I config IP in interface f0/0
then I use 
default interface f0/0
and all config is remove 

Screenshot (683).pngScreenshot (684).pngScreenshot (685).png

Gopinath_Pigili
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello anb07configterminal,

give  default interface Gig 7 in gloable configuration mode, it resets the configuration to default only on that specific interface...

Best regards
******* If This Helps, Please Rate *******

Use command in Configuration mode, which will bring your interface to default configuration.
default int gig X/X
Default int range gig X/X - X (for multiple interfaces)

Gopinath_Pigili
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi anb07configterminal,

I think...that is (default interface command) not possible to achieve in this model....

Reference: https://community.cisco.com/t5/switching/clear-switchport-config-on-sg300-sg350/td-p/3837068

Best regards
******* If This Helps, Please Rate *******

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card