Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi network gurus,            I have a hard time to determine which part cable is broken at below. Do both short and open mean that we have cable issue from patch panel to the Ethernet port on the wall (the cable run inside the wall/ceiling), and the ...

PolarPanda by Level 1
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Guys,I had a Cisco 2960x switch placed between internet and my site and there was few more direct access to internet via this switch it was access via out of band management means (only console port) no ssh or telnet.Now i got new Catalyst 9300...

M.Sultan by Spotlight
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

All: I have an interesting scenario below. IE4000 (Stratix S5400) running Version 15.2(7)E Physical interfaces that are members of a PRP interface can change status, but they do not show down until both interfaces (LAN_A, LAN_B) are down. It is almos...

Hi AllJust a quick question on the licencing for a 9K switch.When we purchase a switch, say it has Network advantage and DNA advantage 3 year, does Cisco automatically apply the DNA licence from the factory when it is shipped?Or, do we need to regist...

Hi folks,Some questions on the subject that my searches haven't found an answer to yet on this. I have 3 Cisco 3850 WS-C3850G-48P-E switches I bought used to upgrade our church network. I do commercial network-based AV as my day job, so am familiar w...

jlkleins6 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! SFP Type

Hello,  I am trying to find out the type of SFP that we have in several switches. When I issue a "show interface" "show inventory", the type of SFP that comes up is "1000Base-SX SFP". When I use the Cisco Optics Matrix, this type of SFP doesn't come ...

ZK916 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes