cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to save "sh run" of multiple Cisco switch/router to a text file at a single time

sureshpaultce
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I can manage to save the "sh run" of a single Cisco/Router in a text file using putty. 

But, can any one help me on, how to save "sh run" of multiple Cisco switch/router (more than 100 devices) to different text file at a single time?

Your help is highly appreciated. 

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
But, can any one help me on, how to save "sh run" of multiple Cisco switch/router (more than 100 devices) to different text file at a single time?

Is this a "once off" thing or are you planning to do this regularly?   

Try the script below: 

archive
 log config
 logging enable
 hidekeys
 path tftp://<TFTP IP address>/$h-
 write-memory

The script above means every time you save the config a copy of the config is stored in the TFTP of your choice.

If you want to store the config file regularly, like every week, then add the command "time-period 10080" at the end of the archive command.

hi Leo,

Thanks for the above input...

Please clarify me how to run the above script, should i have to save the above text in .bat format and then run or else how?

Also, let me know, should i have to enable ssh in all the devices or else telnet is enough.

I am planning to do this regular basis.

Please clarify me how to run the above script, should i have to save the above text in .bat format and then run or else how?

Every time you save the config of the appliance, the script will automatically run.

Also, let me know, should i have to enable ssh in all the devices or else telnet is enough.

Won't make any difference.  Make sure TFTP is allowed, on the firewall, to the TFTP server. 

I am planning to do this regular basis.

Insert the "time-period <BLAH>" command and the script will automatically run when there's no intervention.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card