Views
Helpful
Replies

How to switch of out Recovery mode for Cisco 9500-16X series

ktheng208
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All, 

This is my first time to ask some issue here !!! 

Anyone who know how we can switch out of Recovery mode for Cisco 9500-16X series

Actually, I would like to do stacking on Cisco 9500-16x-A Series. I tried to learn from Cisco web site 

But It couldn't work. So, anyone who can tell me what should i do when we need to do stacking on C9500?

with Dual Active mode

Best Regards,

6 Replies 6

ktheng208
Level 1
Level 1
Actually, I wanna set Virtual stack by using Dual Active. Anyone who can let me know please
I had set as this cisco link:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9500/software/release/16-8/configuration_guide/ha/b_168_ha_9500_cg/b_168_ha_9500_cg_chapter_011.html#concept_sjb_byx_31b
but couldn't

I have followed the same document last week and it works as expected.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9000/nb-06-cat-9k-stack-wp-cte-en.pdf

Can you elaborate, what is not working ? where do you stuck ? make sure you have console cable both the side  so you can see the Logs and errors

Note : make sure domain is correct, some how when i was setting, suddendly switch to change to doamin 1  default - i have to correct that save config and reboot to working.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi Balaji.bandi,

Thank you so much for the helping!!!!!
Switch# Role Mac Address Priority Version State
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----
1 Standby xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 15 V01 Ready
*2 Active xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 14 V01 Ready

After I configure on the switch then reboot it. It's couldn't save the configure
What should I do on this?

Best Regards,

you need to make always modification on Active one once Stackwise Virtual Formed. what configuration which was not applied ?

BB

Hi Balaji.bandi,

I had use command "show ver" then found that the register no. was 0x142 (will be 0x102 at next reload).

So, I was change register number to 0x102. Now, it's been fixed.

Best Regards,

Glad all working as expected, can you mark as solution if it resolved.

BB

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card