Yacine BS
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a switch cisco ME3400:

Switch  Ports  Model                         SW Version          SW Image
------  ---    ----------------  ----------          ----------
* 1        26    ME-3400E-24TS-M 12.2(60)EZ11        ME340x-METROBASEK9-M

All the documentation says that you can configure HSRP on it whether an SVI or L3 interface, however I can't use any standby command under interface Vlan,

Do I need to upgrade the version or it dosen't work at all ? (documentation says otherwise!!!!)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Mark,

Is there an evaluation for this license? and do I need to install the corresponding image?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi
You need to have a metroipaccess license for full HSRP

page 3 of this doc
https://www.karma-group.ru/upload/iblock/089/ME_3400.510c693ea449344726f048c8916ca0b00f.pdf

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your response, 

So, I should purchase a license? We are testing the ME on a lab now, is there an evaluation for this ?

Thanks,

Hi
If your going to be using it you will need a license for it yes to support that feature , its restricted to the more expensive license that has the full layer 3 feature set

I dont have an ME handy to test with but usually on all Cisco routers/switches you get a 60 day demo of the license

Type of License

Evaluation License

Evaluation (Eval) License is a built-in one-time license for customers to evaluate a specific feature package for a period of 60 days before purchasing the Permanent License. The usage is calculated based on the actual number of days the system is operational in this license mode.

To activate the Eval License, simply execute the Cisco IOS command license boot level <name of license>, save, and reload the switch.

The following example shows how to activate Eval license to perform software upgrade from LAN Lite to LAN Base.
Switch(config)# license boot level LAN Base
Switch# write
Switch# reload

Switch# show license
Index 1 Feature: LAN Base
Period left: 8 weeks 3 days
License Type: Evaluation
License State: Active, In Use

Index 2 Feature: LAN Lite
Period left: Life time
License Type: Permanent
License State: Active, Not in Use

Thanks Mark,

Is there an evaluation for this license? and do I need to install the corresponding image?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card