Views
Helpful
Replies

i cant get cisco 3850 switch from stack mode

AM777RO
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all

I am currently facing a problem when trying to remove the switch from the stack, as I tried all the commands but it still does not switch to standalone mode.

When the switch is restarted, it goes to the elections and config is lost....

is their any solution ??
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
STACKMGR-6-STACK_LINK_CHANGE: Switch 1 R0/0: stack_mgr: Stack port 1 on Switch 1 is nocable
STACKMGR-6-STACK_LINK_CHANGE: Switch 1 R0/0: stack_mgr: Stack port 2 on Switch 1 is down
STACKMGR-6-STACK_LINK_CHANGE: Switch 1 R0/0: stack_mgr: Stack port 2 on Switch 1 is nocable
STACKMGR-4-SWITCH_ADDED: Switch 1 R0/0: stack_mgr: Switch 1 has been added to the stack.
STACKMGR-4-SWITCH_ADDED: Switch 1 R0/0: stack_mgr: Switch 1 has been added to the stack.
STACKMGR-6-ACTIVE_ELECTED: Switch 1 R0/0: stack_mgr: Switch 1 has been elected ACTIVE.
HMANRP-6-EMP_NO_ELECTION_INFO: Could not elect active EMP switch, setting emp active switch to 0: EMP_RELAY: Could not elect switch with mgmt port UP

10 Replies 10

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is that switch still connected to the stack?

no, the switch disconnected from the stack a month ago ... and the admin at this time but it in reserve 

but now i wont to use it as standalone SW ... i tried switch clear stack-mode

but after reload its back to stack config... again

To clear out the config, use the following command: 

factory-reset config

And then reboot the switch.

i tried this command

factory-reset config

and

factory-reset all

both didn't work 

Please explain with "didn't work"?

The command didn't work?  The factory-reset didn't work (because the switch boot into ROMMON)?  What?  

after initiating factory-reset all

the switch rebooted and enter into ROMMON mode asked me to provide new IOS.bin .... after fleshing the new IOS the switch boot processes started and it shows me the same  

STACKMGR-6-STACK_LINK_CHANGE: Switch 1 R0/0: stack_mgr: Stack port 1 on Switch 1 is nocable
STACKMGR-6-STACK_LINK_CHANGE: Switch 1 R0/0: stack_mgr: Stack port 2 on Switch 1 is down
STACKMGR-6-STACK_LINK_CHANGE: Switch 1 R0/0: stack_mgr: Stack port 2 on Switch 1 is nocable
STACKMGR-6-ACTIVE_ELECTED: Switch 1 R0/0: stack_mgr: Switch 1 has been elected ACTIVE.
HMANRP-6-EMP_NO_ELECTION_INFO: Could not elect active EMP switch, setting emp active switch to 0: EMP_RELAY: Could not elect switch with mgmt port UP

also this happens with  factory-reset config command 

The switch is stack-capable.  I do not see anything wrong with the logs.  

Martin L
VIP
VIP

show boot and show us stack settings

if 2 switch stack cables are disconnected,  switch should load default config; check flash for config.txt or .cfg file; if there is one, boot to switch mode (aka ROMMON mode) by holding Mode button at reboot for 20 sec. Initialize flash and check settings of your switch; Use ? to figure out commands; finally u could delete your config file forcing switch to load default settings;

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

show boot
---------------------------
Switch 1
---------------------------
Current Boot Variables:
BOOT variable does not exist

Boot Variables on next reload:
BOOT variable = flash:packages.conf
Manual Boot = no
Enable Break = no
Boot Mode = DEVICE
iPXE Timeout = 0

show switch stack-mode
      Role                         Version  Mode    Configured    State
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*1 Active                          V02       N+1        None         Ready

i have deleted .. config ..  but problem still happening

Gopinath_Pigili
Spotlight
Spotlight

Please go through the following link.....It has an answer to the similar porblem...

https://community.cisco.com/t5/switching/removing-switches-from-3850-stack/td-p/4529778

Best regards
******* If This Helps, Please Rate *******

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card