cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

If we run "No vstack" command on cisco 4510r+E switch, so what will be the impact

Hello All,

We have two running cisco 4510R+E switches as a Core and HSRP is running in between them, earlier we had upgraded the switches IOS with IOS XE 3.8xx release and after upgrading that, everything was good but whenever i am checking logs, so frequently we are observing below error/log.

"Oct 11 12:40:25.171 GMT: %SMI-5-CLIENT:  Smart Install Client feature is enabled. It is recommendedto disable the SMI feature when it is not actively used. To disablefeature execute 'no vstack' in configuration mode"

and i dont think we have use of vstack in these both core switches.

So what will be the impact if i will use "no vstack" commands on these switches.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello

FYI - No impact whatsover , We recently did the same thing to negate security flaws regards its tcp port, The only thing that is negates is for you to configure smart install

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hello

FYI - No impact whatsover , We recently did the same thing to negate security flaws regards its tcp port, The only thing that is negates is for you to configure smart install

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
If you're not using (Zero Touch) Smart Install, then there is no impact.
It is recommended to manually disable Smart Install, in routers and switches, if it's not being used.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card