cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Industrial Ethernet Switches IE1000 AAA Authentication RADIUS NPS Network Policy

Daniel3
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

I would like to authenticate a Cisco IE1000 switch against our Microsoft NPS server. Unfortunately, this does not work. We already have Cisco 2960 in use, it works without problems with the following settings:

look at Attachement

However, this configuration does not work for the IE switches. What is wrong or what needs to be set? Can you help me?

best reagrds

3 Replies 3

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It seems you are trying to perform device administration (allowing a network admin to login to the switch) via RADIUS and that might not have supported on this platform. I would suggest you to try testing 802.1X or MAB against your RADIUS server. If you want to try T+, I would suggest you to try Identity Services Engine (ISE).

Hello thanks for your answer.

The firmware 1.8 can authenticate against a radius server, so it should work as well. Look at the Attachment.

Are there any other ideas on how to configure the RADIUS NPS for authentication to work?

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not I know of. I moved your discussion to Switching, as your inquiry is specific to an IE1000 feature.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: