Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

internet/intranet access issue through wireless

Hello All,

I'm having a case with wireless access issue. Though the user system is connected with
wireless Network. User is unable to access internet/Intranet.

I have checked the DNS settings, Gateway which is through DHCP server.

Can anybody help me to troubleshoot further through WCS and WLC and what are all the
parameters needs to be checked in AP connected switch.

Any thoughts to identify the cause of the issue is appreciable

Regards,
Thiyagu

3 Replies 3

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If the wireless clients are getting an IP, make sure they are able to ping their own default gateway.

If they can ping their default gateway, verify this gateway is able to ping the wired clients.

From the wired clients, try pinging the wireless subnet IP from the default gateway device.

If you are unable to ping from the wireless client to their own default gateway, then it's not a routing problem and you should repost in the wireless forum.

Regards,

Edison

Thanks Edison for your reply. From the client machine, I was able to ping the WLAN default gateway.

When I did  a tracert to the external destiantion from the client machine, I got Network unreachable from i the wireless gateway.

Apologize,I have tried to post this query in Wireless forum but I could not get that.

Any thoughts to resolve this issue is appreciable.

Regards,

Thiyagu

- Can you ping any other network from the WLAN gateway?  Also can you may be post a picture of your network?

- Is your WLC behind a firewall, what kind of firewall?

- What is the default gatway on the management interface

- What is the default gateway that Wireless clients are getting etc?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card