cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS 15.1(3)T support OSPFv2 for 880

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can someone verify or confirm if IOS 15.1(3)T can support OSPFv2 for 880 with Advanced Security license PAK?

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Leo,

From what I have seen in IOS 15 for 3900 series, the basic image has all the routing protocols including BGP enabled . Since the image is the same for 800, series then OSPF should be supported.

According to table 3 in this link.  Advanced Security license enables.

Basic IP Connectivity for Data

Firewall, Intrusion Protection and VPN and

Secure Shell (SSH) Protocol, HTTPS, and Simple Network  Management Protocol Version 3 (SNMPv3)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/iosswrel/ps8802/ps5460/product_bulletin_c25-557283_ps5855_Products_Bulletin.html

HTH

Reza

Hi Reza,

From what I have seen in IOS 15 for 3900 series, the basic image has all the routing protocols including BGP enabled . Since the image is the same for 800, series then OSPF should be supported.

That's what I thought too.  We loaded this IOS into the router and found that Advanced Security license DOES NOT support OSPFv2.

What makes it wierd is that it the Feature Navigator confirms that OSPFv2 is supported.

That is sooo weird.  So what license/feature do you have to have installed on the 800 series to support OSPF?

You are not even asking for ISIS, simply OSPF!!

Hi Reza,

I have Adv Security license.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card