Views
Helpful
Replies

IP IGMP Snooping Querier - Questions

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

Hi all,

I've got a pair of Nexus 7010's running vPC. I am having a Multicast issue with a cluster of Linux servers that need to talk Multicast for cluster/high-availability operation. All the servers need to talk to a single multicast address and I am having trouble getting them to communicate. I believe I need to enable IP IGMP Snooping Querier on the N7K's and it needs to be enabled on the VLAN where the servers reside. Anyone know how to enable IP IGMP Snooping Querier on a VLAN ?

Thanks in advance !!

D.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dominic.caron
Level 5
Level 5

conf t

vlan configuration ### (where ### is the number of the vlan)

(config-vlan-config)# ip igmp snooping querier x.x.x.x

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

dominic.caron
Level 5
Level 5

conf t

vlan configuration ### (where ### is the number of the vlan)

(config-vlan-config)# ip igmp snooping querier x.x.x.x

Hi Dominic !!

Questions:

I see you enter the command "ip igmp snooping querier x.x.x.x"  under vlan configuration mode. Where would I point x.x.x.x to ? one of the servers in the cluster ?

Thanks Dominic !! very much appreciate your help !!!

D.

Does anyone know if an SVI is required for the snooping querier to function?
Say I have some servers in a L2-only VLAN, vlan101.
Do I need to create "interface vlan 101", or would the querier work w/o it?

Also, can I just use any arbitrary IP as the querier?
Can it be the same on both Nexus 7K's?

TIA

Hi Dominic,

Since I have a pair of N7K's running vPC. Do I need to enable "IP IGMP snooping querier" on both N7K's ? and do I point it to the same source IP ?

Thanks Dominic !!

You need to use a free IP address and if you configure it on the two, there will be an election between the switch. It will give you a failover option.

Hi Dominic,

On which interface(s) should the IGMP snooping querier be configured? the vPCs? 

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Dominic,

So I can enable "ip igmp snooping querier" on both N7k's using the same IP address ?? And do I need an outage to do this ?? Will it affect traffic forwarding ??

Thanks Dominic !!!

D.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: