cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISR 4321 not loading

Josh Young
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking at a Cisco 4321 ISR that will not load.  When I power on the device, the Power LED flashes amber, but no other LEDs light up.  I have tried powering off and on and unplugging and plugging the power.  My SSH client doesn't receive anything, either, from the router.  I do not see a reset button, like previous models, to try a factory reset.  Is there anything short of RMA (warranty expired) that will help get this device online?  Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Then arrange an RMA. It's obvious the hardware is dead.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

That's similar to what I'm experiencing, but the router was just turned in for the first time this week (it sat in a box for over a year). The first time it was powered on, it  went directly into rommon. The user tried to get the iOS to load with the reset command, but this did not work. They powered it off and back on and now it will not power up at all.  Also, the Power LED is flashing amber, with no activity on the Status LED (the clock issue displays a green Power LED and flashing Status LED).  I realize that defects can be random, but there were four other 4321's that were purchased and connected at the same time and fired up without issue.

I think the ISR 4321 has a power switch, I am sure you would have tried toggling the power switch ON & OFF.

Yes, multiple times, with and without plugging and unplugging the power cord.

Can you connect to the console of the ISR and attempt another power cycle. See if there is any output to the console.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

No output is displayed when I power cycle.

@Josh Young wrote:

but the router was just turned in for the first time this week (it sat in a box for over a year). 

Please read the Field Notice.  Scroll down to the How To Identify Affected Products section.  There is a link to check the serial number if the hardware is affected by this advisory or not.  

Gotcha.  No, this is not one of the affected routers.

Then arrange an RMA. It's obvious the hardware is dead.

Thanks for the update. Sorry that none of our suggestions have pointed toward a solution. Reluctantly agree with Leo that RMA looks like your best next step.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Okay, thank you everyone.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card