cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Keyboard Interactive authentication

nlawrance
Level 1
Level 1

I upgraded my cisco 3850 switch from 3. to 16.9 . Ones i reloaded it asking for Keyboard interactive authentication password and for switch which i dont know.How can i get back to usermode.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Connect to the console of the switch.

Power off the switch,

then press the MODE button and while keeping it pressed, plug the power back in.

Keep the MODE button pressed and watch the console output.

After holding the MODE button for roughly 10-15 seconds, the switch should end up in the switch: prompt

this is the "ROMMON" mode although these switches do not really have a ROMMON, rather, it is simply a bootloader prompt.

then look in this document for section: Recover from a 3850 Series Switch Boot Failure

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

pieterh
VIP
VIP

you can interrupt the boot-process, and from ROMMON mode boot the old image?

Thank you for your response.Could you please explain it step by step.

Connect to the console of the switch.

Power off the switch,

then press the MODE button and while keeping it pressed, plug the power back in.

Keep the MODE button pressed and watch the console output.

After holding the MODE button for roughly 10-15 seconds, the switch should end up in the switch: prompt

this is the "ROMMON" mode although these switches do not really have a ROMMON, rather, it is simply a bootloader prompt.

then look in this document for section: Recover from a 3850 Series Switch Boot Failure

If you can't get it with the mode button and you are using Putty you can also right-click on the header of the putty session as the switch is booting up and click on the option for Special-Commands and select Break. You will want to do this towards the beginning of the switch bootup process until you get into ROMMON mode.

I would try the way described before first as this is the way that Cisco designed you get into ROMMON mode which is using the mode button on the device. The putty special command is just another way if first doesnt work. Good Luck.

Thankyou  for your help and detailed explanation  .

nlawrance
Level 1
Level 1
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)" /><!--<br>/* Font Definitions */<br>@font-face<br> {font-family:"Cambria Math";<br> panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}<br>@font-face<br> {font-family:Calibri;<br> panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}<br>/* Style Definitions */<br>p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal<br> {margin:0in;<br> margin-bottom:.0001pt;<br> font-size:11.0pt;<br> font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}<br>a:link, span.MsoHyperlink<br> {mso-style-priority:99;<br> color:blue;<br> text-decoration:underline;}<br>.MsoChpDefault<br> {mso-style-type:export-only;}<br>@page WordSection1<br> {size:8.5in 11.0in;<br> margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}<br>div.WordSection1<br> {page:WordSection1;}<br><br>
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card