Views
Helpful
Replies

L1 loop on cisco 2960

eliahu_horwitz
Level 1
Level 1

hey.

i am trying to monitor some UPS equipmeant,for that i am using a cisco 2960 switch and when the UPS is down it sends a L1 loop.

when the switch detects the loop the int in which the UPS is conected to will get a link and go up.

now my problem is this, as you probeblly know the switch has a protocol which protects it from getting loops and cuasing all kinds of problems.

i need to remove this protocol and allow the switch to get L1 loops, can someone please expline to me the protocol and how do i disable it?

thanks

P.s

i have tryed to use UDLD, KEEPALIVE, BPDU guard, down-when-looped and errdisable commands with no succsess if it is one of the folowing can you please expline how to use it, if not then plaese give me other suggestions.

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, you will get nothing disabling loops protection. Look for another solution or consult with a professional.

why would i get nothing? someone did it two weeks ago and it worked we changes the speed to 10base and he disabeld something and  it worked like a charm, the problem is someone else deleted the switch configoration and now we need to get it back to work.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card