Views
Helpful
Replies

L1 loop on cisco 2960

eliahu_horwitz
Level 1
Level 1

hey.

i am trying to monitor some UPS equipmeant,for that i am using a cisco 2960 switch and when the UPS is down it sends a L1 loop.

when the switch detects the loop the int in which the UPS is conected to will get a link and go up.

now my problem is this, as you probeblly know the switch has a protocol which protects it from getting loops and cuasing all kinds of problems.

i need to remove this protocol and allow the switch to get L1 loops, can someone please expline to me the protocol and how do i disable it?

thanks

P.s

i have tryed to use UDLD, KEEPALIVE, BPDU guard, down-when-looped and errdisable commands with no succsess if it is one of the folowing can you please expline how to use it, if not then plaese give me other suggestions.

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, you will get nothing disabling loops protection. Look for another solution or consult with a professional.

why would i get nothing? someone did it two weeks ago and it worked we changes the speed to 10base and he disabeld something and  it worked like a charm, the problem is someone else deleted the switch configoration and now we need to get it back to work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card