Views
Helpful
Replies

L3 switch c3750 to unmanaged switch

srikanth ath
Level 4
Level 4

hi

i want to use unmanaged switch for 20 users. we have cisco catalyst 3750(ip base image) switch . i want to connect the unmanageable L2 switch to catalyst switch.

the port of that falls in to a vlan101

1. so, as all 20 users falls in to vlan 101, what all the security aspects i should consider or enable at the port of l3 switch that connected to unmanageable switch.

will be thankful , any kind of help

thanks

srikanth

4 Replies 4

srikanth ath
Level 4
Level 4

hi

and also if say unamanageable switch ports are gigabit and the port connected to switch(l3 or l2 manageable) are fastethernet ports..

2.. so how the speed is distributed. or what would be the speeed of each port or each user in unmanageable switch

l(fast ethernet ports)L3----------------L2(unmanageable gigabit ports)

please help me out in above two points.

thanks in advance

Srikanth

hi

hey guys can any one please help me out on the above discussed points

thanks

srikanth

hey any of u guys can u please help me out on this.. as i couldnt find any answer in browsing..

Hi srikanth,

If your any of the connecting ports are fast ethernet,then u wil get maxi of 100Mb only.

how many ports are there in u r unmange sw?

i think u dont hv to worry more about this case,if u r compny policy agree to connect unmanage sw in the n/w,connect the sw in the 3750 keep that port in the required vlan. remove portsecurity features if its configured in that port or increase

the MAC address learning limit in that port

rate if helpfull

BR,

shehin.pm.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card