cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LACP advice with Dell server running Server 2012

paul.thomas
Level 1
Level 1

We have a new Dell Poweredge R720XD server with quad NIC and I am testing Server 2012.

I am currently testing the new teaming feature in 2012 and will then go on to test HyperV with the virtual switch.

Curently my outsourcing partner has enabled LACP on 4 ports of the switch, the server is plugged into these 4 ports.

With 3 x test PC's running 1GB NIC's I am only getting 2GBs throughput whether up or down from the server.

1. With 2 x PC's downloading, both run at around 115Mbs, their NIC's show 1GBs throughput and the server shows 2GBs.

2. With 3 x PC's downloading, 1 runs at around 115Mbs, the next 70Mbs and the 3rd 50Mbs throughput and the server shows 2GBs.

I am not familiar with the Cisco IOS enough to make any changes, but we do have an outsource partner who manages these.

Are there any parameters or config commands that we could try to see if it improves the throughput?

Am I missing something obvious? (I would have expect the aggreagated speed to be 4GBs in either direction)

2 Replies 2

mahmoodmkl
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

There several factors which are needed to be verfied before.

1.On which switch the servers are connected and the type of module.

2.Are u using active/active or active/passive from the server side.

Thanks

Hi

1. Switches are 3750G models using 1GB ethernet ports to the server.

2. I have tried different combinations on the server, but at the monent all 4 ports are active, Teaming mode: LACP, Load balancing module:Address hash and no standby adapters

Existing config:-

interface Port-channel1

switchport access vlan 100

switchport mode access

end

interface GigabitEthernet2/0/21- 24

description Acc100

switchport access vlan 100

switchport mode access

no cdp enable

channel-group 1 mode active

spanning-tree portfast

spanning-tree bpduguard enable

end

Thx

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco