cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Layer 3 switch NAT issues.

md__shamsuddoha
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco layer3 switch. I want to configure NAT on this switch.I have no router in this scenario.ISP or internet connection directly connected on L3 switch.LAN user also connected by this switch.

I want to know about the NAT configuration command for this layer 3 switch.

Thanks 

Shuvo

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Catalyst switches don't support NAT only routers do

what is your switch model exactly ?

View solution in original post

Hi

Yes that model definitely does  not support NAT , you will need some form of router to achieve it

the 6500 and 6800 can do NAT but no 3k series can, even the newer 36 and 38 models cant running ios-xe

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Catalyst switches don't support NAT only routers do

what is your switch model exactly ?

advance thanks Mark

here is the switch model

WS-C3650-24TS-S

Hi

Yes that model definitely does  not support NAT , you will need some form of router to achieve it

the 6500 and 6800 can do NAT but no 3k series can, even the newer 36 and 38 models cant running ios-xe

thanks

Hi

As Mark mentioned previously most of the switches dont support NAT settings unless you are using 6500 switch series model or 5500 with specific IOS, please check this link, for NAT you can use a router or firewall.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/network-address-translation-nat/29283-166.html

Hope it is useful

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card