cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Layer3 Etherchannel over 2 microwave link - activity check?

Freihafener
Level 1
Level 1

Hello again!

I would like to set up a layer 3 PAgP etherchannel including two ports between two Cisco 3560X. Each of the two ports is connected to a separate transparent switch providing a microwave link.

My question is if one microwave link goes down, will the switches put all traffic to the other link? Because of the transparent microwave link switch the physical link will stay up even if the microwave connection is down.Will PAgP realize that the connection to the physical port on the other side is not reachable? Or do I have to use a routing protocol?

Would be thankful for a quick answer!

FH

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bobby Thekkekandam
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, even with the physical link up, PAgP will detect that the failure between the link partners and disable that link in the channel, which will automatically hash all the traffic to the remaining channel member(s).

HTH,

Bobby

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Bobby Thekkekandam
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, even with the physical link up, PAgP will detect that the failure between the link partners and disable that link in the channel, which will automatically hash all the traffic to the remaining channel member(s).

HTH,

Bobby

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Bobby, you made my day! Thanks for the info!

FH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card