Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Limit EIGRP Advertisements for One Neighbor

Is there a way to limit what advertisements are being sent to an EIGRP neighbor?  The scenario is as follows.

We are using EIGRP for dynamic routing between branches and home office.  At the home office there is a connection going to a 3rd party company that also needs to use EIGRP as their equipment is onsite and accessible to both us and the 3rd party vendor.  We want to limit at our equipment what advertisements are being sent to the 3rd Party vendor.  Is this possible via EIGRP and if so what would be an example configuration?  I believe policy-maps would work but I am unclear as to how I would limit only to that neighbor vs all neighbors.  Any help would be great.  Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

cofee
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

You can use a distribute-list to filter traffic for a p2p connection.

Below is sample configuration:

access-list 1 deny 3.0.0.0 0.255.255.255

access-list 1 permit any

!

router eigrp 10

distribute-list 1 out s0/1 (s0/1 is the interface that connects to eigrp neighbor)

!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

cofee
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

You can use a distribute-list to filter traffic for a p2p connection.

Below is sample configuration:

access-list 1 deny 3.0.0.0 0.255.255.255

access-list 1 permit any

!

router eigrp 10

distribute-list 1 out s0/1 (s0/1 is the interface that connects to eigrp neighbor)

!

Apologize for the late response, I was out due to my daughter being born.  However this did exactly what I wanted to do.  We ended up going a slightly different command set on our Nexus 9Ks however that got us where we needed to be.  Thanks a ton.

Thanks for replying back. I am glad it worked out for you. Congratulations on the arrival of baby girl!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: