Views
Helpful
Replies

MAC flapping between ports

Mubeen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 2 ISP's. Cisco 3825 router and Cisco cat 3750. Vlans in the network are: 100, 200, 300

I terminated both ISP's in switch assigning vlan 100 (port 3 of 3750) and vlan 200 (port 4 of 3750). Then I made trunk (vlan 100, 200 on port 2 of 3750) and connected it with router port 0/0.0 and  0/0.1. Router 0/1 is access port coming back to cat 3750 port 1 with vlan 300. and vlan 300 is providing internet to all access switches.

The issue I'm having is MAC address flapping between port 1 and port 6 of cat 3750. whereas port 6 is uplink to access switch. Port 6 is going to error disable state if link flaps a few times

SW_MATM-4-MACFLAP_NOTIF: Host 001c.f6fa.24c1 in vlan 300 is flapping between port Gi1/0/6 and port Gi1/0/1

Have attached router and switch configuration.

5 Replies 5

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you identify what that mac address belongs to?

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

MAC address belongs to port 0/0 of router

high level couple of my observations :

On Switch :

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/1
switchport access vlan 300
switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q    <-- why you need trunk here ? remove this
switchport mode access 
spanning-tree portfast

Router  :

interface GigabitEthernet0/1   <--- since you connected to above port required access port only not trounk  
description CONNECTION_TO_INTERNAL_NETWORK
ip address 192.168.111.1 255.255.255.0

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Tried this, still same issue.

Hello

Sh int trunk <-- both core and access switch
Sh spanning-tree blockedports <-- both core and access switch
Are you running wifi on this network?
Whats the config of the access switch?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card