cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Macsec on 3750X over Service Provider Network

mkeider123
Level 1
Level 1

Service Provider will config a Q-n-Q connection between (2) datacenters. I would like the traffic encrypted over that connection.

Could I use a 3750X at each location and configure Macsec?

Thanks in advance....

4 Replies 4

jawad-mukhtar
Level 4
Level 4

Yes available on IP Base Image.

Thats What Cisco Tells.

Q. What is the difference between the Cisco Catalyst 3750-X and 3560-X Series LAN Base and IP Base models?

A. The LAN Base feature set enables comprehensive Layer 2 functionality  and supports Cisco StackPower, (available only on the Catalyst 3750-X),  while the IP Base feature set provides more advanced features such as  MACsec, protocol-independent multicast (PIM) stub, Enhanced Interior  Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP) stub, and full Open Shortest Path First  (OSPF) routing. Please note that for LAN Base Cisco StackPower is only  supported starting 15.0.(2)SE software release and the cables need to be  purchased separately.
Jawad

Jay Girlardo
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever get this to work? We are working on the same setup now and are having issues.

Mario Erceg
Level 1
Level 1

Dear, 

Does it work? I also want to use MACSec between 9300 swithes over L2 provider network.

Ive used MACsec on VPLS interfaces facing the provider, between Cat 9300s successfully.  Once I added a third site though, OSPF wouldnt form to one of the sites.  Current TAC case open to investigate.  Two sites works just fine though, MACsec with PSK/policy applied. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card