cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating cat 6503-E VSS to Cat 6509E VSS (using the same supervisor)

diambar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I want to migrate a Cat 6503-E VSS to Cat 6509E VSS.

We plan to use the same supervisor that we have on the Cat6503E, for minimizing the configuration change on the

Doing this, the vss link will need to be changed, due to the fact that the supervisor slot will change with the Cat 6509, slot 5 instead of 1.

Question: is there a way to just change the vsl-link interface on a existing VSS ?

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For VSS, you need Sup-720-VS or Sup 2T.

Question: is there a way to just change the vsl-link interface on a existing VSS ?

If you mean adding additional link to the portchannel (VSL) than yes

HTH

Sorry, for not being clear...

Today I have a Cat6503 VSS with supervisor 720. I plan to migrate all the blades  from the cat 6503-E to a Cat 6509E, including the supervisor.

In the Cat 6509, the supervisor need to be placed on slot 5.  Do I need the re-perform the vss conversion process, or I can just use the existing configuration on the supervisor and change the vsl-link interface to  te5/4 te5/5 ..

Do you think it is possible whithout affecting VSS functioning. ?

Thanks

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Be careful when you are planning to link up two chassis using VSS are there are some 10 Gbps module cards that will not be supported, specifically the 6704-10GE.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card