cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 2248 AA Version Mismatch

Jeremy Grant
Level 1
Level 1

I have a pair of 5596 running in a vPC with Nexus 2248 connected to each N5596.  When I do the command "show fex" I get the follwoing output on the 2nd 5596

Number    Description      State            Model            Serial    

------------------------------------------------------------------------

101         FEX101   AA Version Mismatch   N2K-C2248TP-E-1GE   SSI16390705

102         FEX102   AA Version Mismatch   N2K-C2248TP-E-1GE   SSI163704AD

122         FEX122                Online    N2K-C2232PP-10GE   SSI16370195

I'm running version 5.1(3)N1(1) on both of the 5K's

I have looked through all the configuration and I am not understanding why I am getting this error.  I have tried to look it up on Cisco.com but not having a ton of luck.  Anyone have this problem before? 

Thanks

Jeremy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gregory Snipes
Level 4
Level 4

As this is the very newest FEX available my first thought was that you are not running high enough code to support it. When I checked this I found that 5.1(3)N1(1) is the very first version to support them, so you should be good. Considering that these are so new and you are receiving a version mismatch error, I would upgrade the code to the latest release 5.2(1)N1(3) and see if you still if you still have the error.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Gregory Snipes
Level 4
Level 4

As this is the very newest FEX available my first thought was that you are not running high enough code to support it. When I checked this I found that 5.1(3)N1(1) is the very first version to support them, so you should be good. Considering that these are so new and you are receiving a version mismatch error, I would upgrade the code to the latest release 5.2(1)N1(3) and see if you still if you still have the error.

Oleksandr Nesterov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jeremy

Is the fex 122 connected to both n5k?

Do you run the same nx-os version on both n5k devices?

Can you try to disconnect one of the failed fexes from one n5k and check teh status?

Thanks

Alex

Jeremy Grant
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Gregory

I had not realized that procurment had purchased the newer version of the Nexus 2248 FEX's, I only realized it when I started to debug and noticed the model number I was working with was just slightly different than our production ones.  I upgraded the NX OS to 5.2 and all is working smoothly,

Thanks again,

Jeremy

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card