Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5000 - Lacp

opnineopnine
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have create a new vpc, but when I a "show port-channnel summary" why I see Po50 with Protocol NONE and 10 and 30 with Protocol LACP?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Group Port- Type Protocol Member Ports
Channel
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10 Po10(SU) Eth LACP Eth116/1/2(P) Eth116/1/3(P)
30 Po30(SU) Eth LACP Eth123/1/1(P) Eth123/1/2(P)
50 Po50(SD) Eth NONE Eth2/1(D) Eth2/2(D)

Thanks. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

No, even though you don't have LACP, the Portchannel operates as mode on. So, no STP issue.

HTH

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

NONE usually indicates that you did not enable any protocols (in this case LACP) under the interface.

Can you post the config?

sh run int e2/1 and 2/2

sh run int po50

Also, the physical ports are currently down.

HTH

Hello 

interface port-channel50
switchport mode trunk
switchport trunk allowed vlan 20
vpc 50

interface Ethernet2/1
switchport mode trunk
channel-group 50

interface Ethernet2/2
switchport mode trunk
channel-group 50

Thanks. 

should be......channel-group 50 mode active

Hello Mark & Reza,

Thanks both for your answer, can you tell me when I have to use the different modes of lacp and with the actual configuration , can i have any spanning-tree issue?

thanks. 

Hi,

With Nexus, the mode is usually active/active. 

As for STP, this is a Portchannel and both links logically look as one aggregated interface. So, there should not be any STP issues, as neither one of the interfaces should be blocking.

HTH

Hello,

But in the case I have for the Port50 I have that lacp is not active, can I still have spanning-tree issues? 

Thanks. 

Hi,

No, even though you don't have LACP, the Portchannel operates as mode on. So, no STP issue.

HTH

Yes this is right. But to do this you have to remove portchannel 50 and make for instance portchannel 40 and reasign to eth2/2 and eth 2/1

channel-group 50

This is mode on. For lacp you need to add

channel-group 50 mode active

HTH

pafcio84
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You have to crate new port-channel and then add settings again for phisical interfaces: channel group X mode active. When you see only "channel group 10" than you have status NONE. You just have to Recrate port channel.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card