Views
Helpful
Replies

nexus 5000 port suspended

opnineopnine
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have created a vpc in my 2 5000, and my ports are now in suspended mode.

interface port-channel100
  switchport
  switchport mode trunk
  spanning-tree bpdufilter enable
vpc 100

int e1/32
switchport
  switchport mode trunk
  channel-group 100 mode active
  no shutdown

Any ideas?

Thanks.

13 Replies 13

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

what are you connecting back to , is it just standard switch/server your connecting to ?

I don't think you should have this spanning-tree bpdufilter enable on vpc po , can you remove that from both 5ks port-channel see if it comes up

Hello mark,

Im connecting 2 remote sites on each site I have 2 Nexus 5000, and yes when I remove the vpc the ports go back to normal state.

Thanks.

Hi

If your just connecting 2 5ks together directly and there is no fex or switch/server involved it the design it should be a vpc peer-link setup rather than standard vpc as below example of a set of my 5ks directly connected together

interface port-channel1
  description Peer_Link_..........
  switchport mode trunk
  switchport trunk allowed vlan 2,10-11,17-18,20,28,31,33-34,36-39,48,50,64-65,72,74,76,78,80,105,107,1226,2224
  spanning-tree port type network
  speed 10000
  vpc peer-link

Hello,

My bad when I explained my self, on each site I have 2 NK5, each sites has its own domain, what Im doing here, will be connect this two remote sites via dark fiber, in L2.

Oh ok then yes you cant have them as a vpc connection if there 2 separate domains they wont know how to communicate I wouldn't think  , you will need to use a standard PO to connect them or standard trunk

are you up and running now since removing the vpc syntax from the po , are they fully connected now or is there still an issue ?

When I remove the vpc I have no issue,the ports are ok, but I have a spanning-tree issue, my idea was have a vpc between this 2 sites to avoid spanning-tree.

thanks.

Maybe an otv connection instead if your 5ks support it , vpc wont work between separate domains

is stp blocking the port-channel ?

Q.    Does OTV require the extension of the Spanning Tree Protocol?

A.     OTV can extend the Layer 2 domains across geographically distant data centers by providing built-in filtering capabilities to localize the most common networking protocols (Spanning Tree Protocol, VLAN Trucking Protocol [VTP], and Hot Standby Router Protocol [HSRP]) and prevent them from traversing the overlay, therefore keeping protocol failures from propagating across sites.
With OTV, each site can have its own implementation of spanning tree as well as its own spanning tree root device.

Otv is not supported, the issue is Im getting

port-channel200 is down (No operational members),

This should be a simple configuration with L2, but I dont get why I have this issue.

Thanks.

Hi;

Can you share the output of following commands for both switches?

Show vpc

show port-channel compatibility-parameters

Show port-channel 100.

Show logging (specific to port-channel 100 & Ethernet 1/32)

Thanks & Best regards;

Yes we need to see the outputs above if possible to see why its not forming fully . stp cant keep it down only block it so its something else causing it

Hi all

Here is the txt for both devices.

Thanks.

Hi;

Just want to ask a stupid question, you share the logs of 2 switches (CC-Core5548-1Bnd & Sis-Core5548-1Bnd) are not a part of same VPC domain.

After seeing the logs 2 things stuck in my mind and ask above question:

1. Both Nexus have same vpc domain no. & 1 is shows as primary & other shows as secondary.
  2. packets forwarded via vPC peer-link (Output of show interface port-channel 200). Which clearly shows that traffic is forwarding on vPC peer-link.

Thanks & Best regards;

Hello,

this dos devices are in different sites, and they have there own vpc domain.

Each site has 2 NK5 with its own vpc domain, what im doing is connecting via dark fiber this two remote sites.

Thanks.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card