cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5K w/4.1(3) "default interface"

russellra
Beginner
Beginner

Got two new boxes that I am thoroughly impressed with. What am I missing? I want to reset Ethernet interfaces to default status as in IOS: (config)# default interface f0/1 <cr>. I've search command reference syntax high and low. I've learned more of the CLI trying to find something that would return an interface configuration to its default. Which is good but... I do not trust issuing a set of 'no' prefixes to configuration lines. That is not smart in IOS and I suspect not in NX-OS also. Help. Thanks.

10 Replies 10

xcz504d1114
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Global config "no interface "

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios_xr_sw/iosxr_r3.4/interfaces/command/reference/hr34eswt.html#wpmkr1122594

"To delete a Fast Ethernet interface configuration, use the no form of this command."

HTH,

Craig

Craig, thanks for the suggestion but this syntax fails on the Nexus with 4.1.3. I'm still looking. I'll likely be embarrased with the obvious simplicity once I/we find it. - R

Having the same issue.

Would really like the piece of mind of being able to easily set these interfaces back to their default state.

Nicholas Taube
Beginner
Beginner

Has anyone had any luck yet with a "default interface" command on the Nexus platform?

This has been a question of mine since day one and I have yet to find an answer.  The "no int instance" is not a working command on the Nexus.

iceteanolemon
Contributor
Contributor

I try to do a "no interface" and get negative results. It does however let me step my way through the command which makes me think it was layed out to be the command to make work. It just doesnt work though

No default interface no "no interface" i cannot do anything to clear it in one command?

VB6-DC-CR003(config)# no interface e1/10

^

Invalid range at '^' marker.

VB6-DC-CR003(config)# no interface ?

ethernet      Ethernet IEEE 802.3z

loopback      Loopback interface

mgmt          Management interface

port-channel  Port Channel interface

vlan          Vlan interface

VB6-DC-CR003(config)# no interface ethernet ?

<1-18>  Slot number

VB6-DC-CR003(config)# no interface ethernet 1?

/       Slash separator

<1-18>  Slot number

VB6-DC-CR003(config)# no interface ethernet 1/?

<1-128>  Port number

VB6-DC-CR003(config)# no interface ethernet 1/10?

,        Multi range separator

-        Range separator

.        Sub interface separator

<1-128>  Port number

VB6-DC-CR003(config)# no interface ethernet 1/10

^

Invalid range at '^' marker.

n7000-s1-dk9.4.2.1