cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 9300 EPLD Golden

Edward Clear
Level 1
Level 1

I just did my first firmware upgrade on a Nexus 9300.  Reading the release notes, I expected I would upgrade the primary and it would reboot to golden, which would then get upgraded.  But it rebooted to the primary.  When I then attempted to upgrade the golden it said "EPLD golden feature is NOT supported."  This is a 93108TC-FX.  And I was going from IO FPGA version 0x20 to 0x22.  MI stayed at ver 0x3.  NX-OS is 9.3(5).     My question is first is that correct that the 93108TC-FX doesn't have a golden side?   Next would be which models have and don't have the golden?   The release note upgrade instruction section doesn't really make note that some might not have a golden side.

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Don't see any info on supporting the 93108TC-FX model but someone tested it with 93180YC-FX and seems to work. See link

https://community.cisco.com/t5/data-center-switches/upgrading-epld-on-n9k/td-p/4158697

HTH

I'd actually read that after posting, as it showed up in the "Recommended for you".  Interesting that he used "install all epld...", where I followed the first section of the release notes and used "install epld...".   And now I find that way further down the release notes is another set of instructions using "install all epld..."

I have some 93180YC-FX to do later, as I move up the chain toward the production env., so we'll see. 

So it updated some further 93108TCs and the first couple did allow me to upgrade the golden side.  These '108s happened to be purchased like half a year before, in 3Q2019, IIRC.  The first set I did was from somewhere in 2020.  But as I went on to 93180YCs, I don't think that correlation held.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card