Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 9318 MIBS- Monitoring

danoid
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've been trying for hours and hours to find the Temperature, Fan and Power supply status OIDS for the Nexus 9318, but I've literally no idea where it is or why it's so hidden.

I've added a different Cisco switch and what I needed was in Envonmib, which is exactly where it should be for the Nexus surely?

If someone can tell me which MIB (name) to look into that'll be great.

Essentially I want the information from "show env" from cli in OIDs.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

How do I access the ftp link?  I'm unable to open via my browser, if I try an FTP client it asks me for a username and password which I don't know.

Also when using envmon mib on the nexus 9318 just returns an error, as if nothing works for it

- I used WinSCP or (manual) ftp command from windows CMD ; note  that for username and password you need to use your Cisco-account (CCO) credentials , as stated have walk in the park withCISCO-ENTITY-FRU-CONTROL-MIB (smile). 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/supportlists/nexus9000/Nexus9000MIBSupportList.html

For fan and power status try to snmpwalk the CISCO-ENTITY-FRU-CONTROL-MIB  , see what comes up

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

danoid
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Sorry I got put onto something else, so back to this now.

I've got the Nexus9000MIBSupportList but that doesn't help me at all unfortunately.

I've looked through the FRU mib, but for the names it's bringing back like .472 instead of something like CoolingFan1 .  Any ideas?

How do I do a walk against a specific mib?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card