Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No CONFIGURE command 2960L

I just picked up two 2960L's (WS-C2960L-SM-8PS) and both of them are experiencing the same issue. 

I connected via console port and booted up. Boot process was mostly normal, except for a couple of "%PARSER-4-BADCFG: Unexpected end of configuration file" errors.

Boot process finishes, and I can get into privileged mode no problem. Then things get weird.

Try to run "conf t" and I return "% Invalid input detected at '^' marker." What? 

Hit ? and CONFIGURE is completely missing from the command list. I am attaching output of both the command list as well as the running config.

Any ideas? Never had this issue before. I went through the documentation on the 2960, and it clearly states that you should be able to enable and go right to config mode.

I found one other discussion on this topic, but no definite resolution.

Thanks for your help.

1 Reply 1

Got my answer. Apparently I need to do more research. The SM line is WebUI only. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-2960-l-series-switches/q-and-a-c67-737798.pdf

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: