Helpful
Replies

On running-config I see "no management vlan ip dhcp client"

HyungKim0105
Level 1
Level 1

New to routing and switching.

can someone shed some light on this?

On running-config I see "no management vlan ip dhcp client".  The switch is getting ip from a router and just distributing it to all the ports. Im trying to figure out what this is as google search didn't return any results.

also,  I have 

snmp-server location "005-Phones"

on the config file....we don't have any snmp servers....would this mean we used to have one?

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

waqaswilan2026
Level 1
Level 1

The command "no management vlan ip dhcp client" likely disables the DHCP client functionality for obtaining an IP address on the management VLAN of a network device. This command is commonly used in network configurations where static IP addressing is preferred for management purposes, rather than relying on dynamic assignment through DHCP.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

waqaswilan2026
Level 1
Level 1

The command "no management vlan ip dhcp client" likely disables the DHCP client functionality for obtaining an IP address on the management VLAN of a network device. This command is commonly used in network configurations where static IP addressing is preferred for management purposes, rather than relying on dynamic assignment through DHCP.

Thank You!!!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card